Laser Beam Virtual Competition
Time to shine and show off your best beam routine- fun guaranteed!
The Tumbl Trak Laser Beam Competition is designed to make your beam dreams come true!
Most athletes have fantasized about competing on a beam that’s wider, and lower to the ground. Now you can! The best part with a virtual competition with no threat of cancellation.
To enter, submit a video of your best beam routine, performed on a Tumbl Trak Laser Beam. Be sure your routine includes all of the elements listed under "Judging Criteria & Deductions".
All entries will be judged by some of the nation’s top judges, including Olympian and World Champion, Chellsie Memmel.
Awards & Prizes
- $1000 Tumbl Trak Gift Certificate for the gym with the highest number of registrants
- Athletes choose their level based on their discretion:
- Lavender Leaps, under 18 (USAG Levels 1-4 Equivalent)
- Lavender Leaps 18+
- Bold BackTucks, under 18 (USAG Levels 5-7 Equivalent)
- Bold BackTucks 18+
- Arabian Aces, under 18 (USAG Levels 8-Elite Equivalent)
- Arabian Aces 18+
- Awards . There will be a total of 30 Awards (18 awards for each group based on placement for overall score and 12 awards for each group for the Judges’ Specialty Awards.)
- Judges' Specialty Awards:
- Best Showmanship: considerations are artistry, rhythm, CREATIVITY, uniqueness, and style
- Most Unique Skill or Combination
Each award prize pack will include:
Exclusive Tumbl Trak Trophy
Tumbl Trak T-shirt
Chellsie Challenge Headband
All winners’ routines will be featured on Tumbl Trak Social Media in the Laser Beam winner’s gallery and compilation video that will be posted on Tumbl Trak’s YouTube page.
- All video submissions must be uploaded to mygymjudge.com/tumbltrak no later than November 5, 2021.
- The video submission should include a beam routine performed on any of the Tumbl Trak Laser Beams...the Laser Lite (8ft), Tumbl Trak Laser Beam PRO (16ft), Laser Beam Pad, Laser Beam Conversion Top.
- This is a non-sanctioned event.
- In addition to your official submission, feel free to upload video of your routine to your own social media platforms and use #LaserBeamCompetition @TumblTrak and @MyGymJudge. The video with the most likes will receive a prize pack as outlined above.
- There are five “judges awards” in each group, including most artistic. As such, music and/or costumes are allowed, but not required. Please use properly licensed music only.
- Final judging will be done by World Champion & Olympic Medalist, Chellsie Memmel. All awards will be announced by Chellsie Memmel during a live FaceBook event on November 22, 2021. Exact time to be announced at a later date.
- Safety first! Be sure the surrounding area is clear of all obstacles and make sure you have 6-8 ft of open space and matting for your dismount. Laser Beam should be used on a floor (not raised in any way). Gymnasts should only attempt skills that are within their skill range and must be completed without help from others. Routines are for 1 gymnast at a time
- Athletes submit routines with 6 skills: mount, 4 skills on the beam, dismount
- The routine can be performed with or without music but must be no longer than 90 seconds long.
- Close fitting clothing must be worn such as shorts, leggings, leotards, t-shirts that are form fitting and hair neatly tied back (no midriffs showing please).
To purchase a Laser Beam, go to www.tumbltrak.com and enter promo code: LBC15 for 15% off your order.
Judging Criteria & Deductions
- 6 different skills* of your choice (including mount and dismount) and choreography between skills.
- 10.0 start value requires 6 DIFFERENT SKILLS*
- Mount and/or dismount may count as a REQUIRED SKILL as long as it is a recognized skill*
- If mount and/or dismount are not recognized skills* (which is TOTALLY FINE!) they will not count toward the required 6 skills*.
- Mounts and Dismounts can be recognizable jumps or acro OR non-value parts.
- Difficulty and skill selection is at the discretion of the participant
- *Skills must be from the USAG Junior Olympic Code of Points and/or Xcel Code of Points