Built for Clubs
- Triggers the child's drive to explore and challenge gravity using the total body.
- Elongation, activation, strengthening and grading core muscles of the body.
- Develops strength and stability of the shoulders, arms and hands through grasp, weight bearing, and weight shifting.
- Promotes 3 dimensional, refined movement of hands through expansion and gradation.
- Develops strength and stability of the pelvis, knees and feet through weight bearing, expansion, weight shift, and gradation, which leads to 3 dimensional, refined movement.
- Facilitates stability with mobility throughout the body (no fixing/holding or compensatory patterns)
- Vestibular, somatosensory integration is promoted with each action for improving balance and coordination.
- Increases depth and variability of respiration/encourages vocalization.
- The child's movement actively facilitates integration of primitive reflexes allowing the emergence of 3 dimensional motor patterns.
- The child's movements develop controlled gradation of multiple muscle synergies, i.e. top/bottom, left/right, front/back, diagonal/rotational.
To read an article posted on the Rehab Insider about the benefits of Lycra used in a therapeutic setting, click here.
Perfect for Home
Bounce, stretch, snuggle, sit or hide surrounded by a pool of stretchy, responsive lycra. Children will thrive in this naturally engaging piece of equipment designed by Eileen Richter, MPH, OTR/L, FAOTA. Infants and young children use the gently resistant lycra to push and pull, building strength, coordination and balance in this unique setting.
- 51 inches x 51 inches and 39 inches high frame with padded rails.
- Quick release knobs allow the frame to be disassembled quickly and transported in it's travel bag for on-the-go families to take the Boundex everywhere.
- Click here for more information on the benefits of lycra in therapy.
Patent 9,314,389 B2
Download the Boundex Assembly Instructions here.
Absolutely! The Boundex was designed with parents and traveling therapists in mind. The frame quickly breaks down to fit nicely in the back of your car for easy transport or in your closet when not in use.
The Boundex can be used for children up to 100 lbs, but tends to be most therapeutic for children between 20-40 lbs, or about 7 months - 4 years old. Smaller, younger children have more opportunities for movement when using the Boundex, increasing the benefits of the product. If you choose to use the product for a child over 40 lbs, we recommend adding a Teddy Bear Mat or other landing mat beneath the Boundex. A good rule of thumb is, if the child can climb out of the product or sinks to the ground the product is no longer therapeutic.
To clean, machine wash and hang dry the lycra.