Built for Clubs
Coaches love the Air Barrel for its versatility, shape and dynamic surface, as it can be used for tumbling, vaulting, beam and bar skills to teach body awareness and control, or used to create obstacle courses. The Air Barrel also gives athletes a more forgiving landing on a variety of skills.
- Ideal for use in limited space as well as its ability to travel easily from site to site.
- Each unit comes with a dual-action Hand Pump.
- When not in use, the Air Barrel deflates within seconds, making it incredibly portable and easy to store away.
- Includes sturdy handles on the ends for easy mobility and control during drills.
- D-rings are useful for attaching optional Tumbl Trak™ Cradles that help keep the barrel in one place.
- Ships for a fraction of the cost of shipping a traditional Octagon.
Available in three sizes. General height guidelines are as follows:
- Choose the 24" Air Barrel for athletes 35 to 43 inches tall.
- Choose the 30'' Air Barrel for athletes 44 to 53 inches tall.
- Choose the 36" Large Air Barrel for athletes taller than 53 inches.
- For even taller athletes you can raise the height of the Air Barrel by placing it on top of a folded Tumbling Mat or Booster Block.
- If the athlete needs a little more height, have him/her stand on top of a raised surface.
Perfect for Home
The Air Barrel makes a perfect back handspring trainer and is loved for its versatility, shape and dynamic surface. It can be used to teach body awareness, control and build confidence in many different tumbling skills.
The Air Barrel is also a great addition to your home fitness equipment. It's perfect for push ups, hip raises, leg lifts, core drills, and more!
- Three different sizes to chose from so beginner through advanced athletes can practice handstands, bridges, walkovers and backhandsprings.
- The bouncy, easy to clean surface makes conditioning and flexibility exercises fun.
- High quality vinyl and time tested seams and valves that will hold up to the most rigorous use.
The Air Barrel is also great for working with children with special needs. The size of the Air Barrel is great for smaller clientele working to climb through heights, but need a firm, soft surface to feel stable when exploring space. When straddling the barrel the hips are externally rotated and the pelvis is stabilized in an optimal position to encourage efficient lateral flexion and rotation of the trunk. Sitting on the Air Barrel provides a small amount of proprioception and requires children to maintain their balance. This keeps their arousal up and therefore helps them to maintain engagement in the activity.
- 24 in diameter x 46 in long, end to end. The working surface is 36 in long.
- 30 in diameter x 49 in long, end to end. The working surface is 36 in long.
- 36 in diameter x 52 in long, end to end. The working surface is 36 in long.
- 18 oz knife coated vinyl
- soft density PU foam
- Triangle shaped to create a wedge for stabilizing the Air Barrel
All materials meet CPSIA standards. Made in China. Designed in the USA.All units ship via small parcel (UPS or FedEx).
Download the Air Barrel Owner's Instructions here. Watch the Air Product troubleshooting video here.
Yes, the Air Barrel includes a hand pump. If you are interested in inflating the unit more quickly, you might consider adding an electric pump to your order.
What do I do if I feel my Air Barrel is too small or too large?
Here is a video that shows how to get the most out of any size Air Barrel.How long does it take to inflate or deflate?
With the hand pump that is included, you can inflate your Air Barrel in about 1-2 minutes. If you purchase the additional electric pump, you can inflate the unit in less than 20 seconds. Deflation may take a little longer, but can be improved by laying or pushing on the product to help expedite the air out.
Always carry the Air Product. Do not drag the unit as it could catch on something that may cause damage
Use on a level surface that is free of any debris.
We recommend no one weighing more than 200 lbs. use the Air Barrel.
The Air Barrel should remain inflated overnight. Most times, you will need to ''top off'' the air with a few pumps from the hand pump in the morning. Note: extreme air temperature changes may cause the air inside to constrict or expand which may be a factor in how tight or soft your Air Barrel feels.
Try to locate the source of the leak using a spray bottle of water with a few drops of dish soap in it. A patch kit can be requested from Customer Service or you can find kits anywhere inflatable camping equipment is sold.
The Cradles are sold separately. However, they are sold at a slightly discounted rate when purchased as a bundle.
How do I attach my Air Barrel to the Cradles?
Put the Air Barrel so that the black handle is in the 12 o'clock position. The bottom two D-rings will connect to velcro straps on cradles at 4 and 7 o'clock. Velcro on the Air Barrel doesn't need to connect to Cradle.