For years, Coach Al Fong has produced championship level athletes using techniques and equipment developed over a long and illustrious career. These blocks have been a staple in his gymnastics program, and will be indispensable in yours, too! Al first developed the blocks to create a "channel bar" station -- above the ground. The blocks are made of a special firm foam on the sides and bottom creating a more stable environment, which coaches appreciate for safety reasons.
- Teach gymnasts skill progressions early on for handstands, giants and release moves (ideal for spotting bar skills safely).
- Train beam skills, including mounts and dismounts, using the 4-inch white line that appears on top of each block.
- Use blocks on their rigid side for conditioning, plyometric or flexibility stations.
- Turn blocks on their edges to create dynamic obstacle courses for a great cardio workout.
- Made of firm, yet lightweight, foam that is covered in easy-to-clean vinyl.
- Strategically placed Velcro allows blocks to be securely stacked on top of each other, side by side, or end to end, providing endless configurations and use!
- Super lightweight with carrying handles for ease in moving from station to station.
ONE Stack Spotting Block System includes a total of 4 pieces: (1) 3' X 3'x 8' Block (1) 3' X 1' x 8' Plank (2) 3' X 1' x 4' Planks
TWO Stack Spotting Block System includes a total of 8 pieces: (2) 3' X 3'x 8' Block (2) 3' X 1' x 8' Plank (4) 3' X 1' x 4' Planks
SPECIFICATIONS: Each Al Fong Spotting Block Stack includes the following
- (1) 3' X 3'x 8' Block, weighs 156 lbs
- (1) 3' X 1' x 8' Plank, weighs 52 lbs
- (2) 3' X 1' x 4' Planks, weighs 22lbs
- The Blocks and Planks are made up of 2 different types of foam.
- The top has 4'' of EVA Crosslink Foam with a Solid Polystyrene Core.
- There is no EVA Crosslink Foam on the bottom, to help with increased stability.
- 3'x1'x4' - 22lbs.
- 3'x1'x8'- 52 lbs.
- 3'x3'x8'- 156 lbs.