Built for Clubs
Designed to be used as a top mat in either a loose foam pit or atop another foam or air-filled mat, or as a “throw mat” for use on a trampoline. We do not suggest athletes land directly upright on a Pit Pillow in loose foam, but rather they should be instructed to land on their feet and continue to rotate to their back.
- SMART DESIGN - This extra soft mat has a denim cover and very low-density foam. It is designed to be used as a top mat in a loose foam pit or as a top mat on another foam or air-filled mat when used outside a pit. Convenient handles located on the side of the mat provide portability.
- CONNECT TO OTHER MATS - The Pit Pillow features Hook and Loop Fasteners on all sides so that several can be connected end-to-end, side-by-side or stacked vertically.
- IMPROVED SHIPPING - The Tumbl Trak Pit Pillows will come vacuum packed in a sealed bag to cut down the shipping size. Please allow 48 hours after opening for the Pit Pillow to fully expand before using it.
- APPROVED FOR JO COMPETITIONS - The 4-foot x 6-foot x 8-inch Pit Pillow has just been accepted for use in JO competitions for bar releases.
- FAVORITE IN THE GYM: Athletes prefer the Pit Pillow at any station where athlete needs to land on belly or back.
- WASHABLE: Denim cover can be removed and washed in the gentle cycle of washing machine.
- Some assembly required for the largest size Pit Pillow (6-feet x 8-feet x 12-inch).
Important Information: Due to its low-density foam and softness, the Pit Pillow is not intended for use alone on hard surfaces like wood or cement.
Perfect for Home
The Pit Pillow is a staple in gyms and studios worldwide and making its way up the list of must haves for home. Athletes benefit from having a soft, comfortable place to land skills on their belly, backs, knees, or feet as it allows them to perform more confidently, knowing a soft mat is underneath them. The 8-inch and 12-inch thick versions of the Pit Pillow are popular among at-home aerial artists using silks or hoops on portable rigs.
Choose from many different sizes in 6 inch and 8 inch thicknesses each with a removeable, washable cover. Velcro placed strategically around the edges keeps the mat in place when used with other mats with complimentary Velcro.
Still not sure which mat is best, watch this helpful Buying Guide Video for Practice Mats.
- 6-12in thick depending on the size mat ordered
- 11.5oz denim
Download the Pit Pillow Assembly Instructions here.
The Pit Pillow is designed to be used as a topping mat in a loose foam pit and should be placed on another foam or air-filled mat when used outside a pit. (It is not intended for use alone on hard surfaces.)
My Pit Pillow is more than 2 years old and the foam is starting to split. Is there anything I can do to prolong its life?
A well-used Pit Pillow can be easily repaired with some spray adhesive. Here are the steps to repairing a small crack in the foam:
- Bring the Pit Pillow outside, or to a well-ventilated area. Place a protective covering (tarp) on the floor or ground.
- Carefully remove the cover from the Pit Pillow. Try to keep the place where the foam is split as intact as possible.
- Use a spray adhesive that is made for foam repair and follow the manufacturer's directions. (We recommended 3M 77 or 90, or Gorilla Spray Adhesive which can be found at many hardware or craft stores)
- Allow the repair to dry thoroughly before putting the cover back on
- If possible, allow some extra time to allow the mend to fully cure.
- Replace the Pit Pillow cover and use it as recommended.
The Pit Pillow features Smart Mat Technology and has Velcro on all sides, so that several can be connected end-to-end, side-by-side or stacked vertically. The Velcro also allows the Pit Pillow to connect to our other mats, such as the Mama Bear or the Air Floor with cover. Convenient handles are located on the side and ends of the mat.
Can I use the Pit Pillow Mat underneath my silk aerial rig?
In terms of thickness and softness, the Pit Pillow is an awesome choice of mat for underneath a moderately high silk aerial rig. The ideal size would be the largest Pit Pillow (6-ft x 8-ft x 12-in mat). However, we do not recommend leaving the Pit Pillow outdoors.
Yes, you can purchase replacement covers for your Pit Pillow HERE.
Yes, you can purchase these here.